Twitter Thursday announced that it is rolling out topics to make it easier for Indian users to interact, find and follow the things they love. Twitter now has a dedicated page that includes topics including art and culture, career, entertainment, fashion and beauty among others. Users can hit the Follow button next to the topic to get updates based on their interests.
Twitter he said in his blog that the new feature allows people to get more tweets, posts from the topic of their interest in their feed. Topics also allow users to connect with followers with similar interests and discuss their favorite topics. This way they can also expand the reach of their profile and become more visible.
Speaking of the new feature, Manish Maheshwari, MD, Twitter India, “India is an important market for Twitter. We want to strengthen the value of the service for the Indian public by giving them more control over what they want to see in their timeline. Topics will allow people to engage with the content they love and find people with similar interests, allowing them to choose their own feed. The addition of topics in Hindi demonstrates our commitment to the diversity of conversations between languages. We are thrilled to see these lively conversations flourish Twitter in India.”
Interestingly, English is not the only language in which the topics will be available. Twitter is also launching topics in Hindi whereby users will be able to see tweets in devanagari characters, as well as Hindi speech, typed in the Roman alphabet. Some featured Hindi topics for India include cities like Agra (), Patna () and Pune (), general interests like Animals (), Horoscope (), Poetry (), and Technology (), Sports teams and individuals (), as well as entertainment topics such as movies ().
However, to access the topics in Hindi, a user will need to set the device language as Hindi. Only then will you be introduced to various topics in Hindi. Hindi is the seventh language to add to the topic list. In addition to Hindi, the topics are also available in English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic and Korean.
Here’s how to find and follow a topic on Twitter
– Open the Twitter app from your Android or iOS device: After opening the app, click on the icon with three horizontal lines on the top left
– You will see Topics, tap on it and a list of suggested topics will appear in front of you.
– Tap the Follow buttons next to the topics according to your interests
– If you want to explore more topics. Click on “More topics”
Twitter Thursday announced that it is rolling out topics to make it easier for Indian users to interact, find and follow the things they love.
- Twitter Thursday announced it is launching topics to facilitate Indian user interaction.
- Twitter now has a dedicated page that includes topics including art and culture, career, entertainment, fashion and beauty among others.
- witter is also launching topics in Hindi where users will be able to see tweets in Devanagari scripts.