The UK government has launched its COVID-19 NHS app which works with Apple and Google’s Exposure Notification System. It is available for people in England and Wales.
UK COVID-19 App
The app, which you can download here, can send alerts to smartphone users if they have been in the vicinity of someone who has COVID-19. Here are some of its features:
- Track: Find out when you’ve been around other app users who tested positive for coronavirus
- Alert: Lets you know the coronavirus risk level in the postcode district.
- To record: Get notified if you’ve visited a place where you may have come into contact with the coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more filling out forms.
- Symptoms: Check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: Helps you order a test if needed.
- Isolated: Keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
After downloading the app, go to Settings> Exposure Notifications to enable the function.