The city of Saint John has no plans to pay hackers a ransom after its network was attacked three months ago.
In his regular update to the city council on Monday, city administrator John Collin said the city had a backup system in place and “the vast majority” of the data has been or will be recovered.
“Between the fact that the data has been compromised little or no compromise and that our damaged data is recoverable via backup, I have decided to instruct staff to stop any exploration of ransom payment options,” he said.
The city was hacked on November 13 last year and tried to catch up, incrementally returning email and phone services to employees and pivoting on several …
Read More On Original Publisher
This Content is Original Published by @www.cbc.ca