PETER POWELL / POOL / AFP via Getty Images. In the photo: Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.
March 2, 2021, 7:17 pm EST
The European football calendar is packed right now. Instead of Champions League and Europa League we have midweek matches from Premier League, Serie A and Ligue 1.
This past weekend was a crazy action rush, and here’s a little bit of what we saw.
- Manchester City defeated West Ham 2-1 in a top-four clash, bringing the winning streak to 20 games and the Premier League lead to 12 points.
- Chelsea and Manchester United ended in a 0-0 draw, which further increased Manchester City’s lead at the top of the table.
- Werder Bremen shocked Frankfurt at home, ending Frankfurt’s 11th unbeaten run in the Bundesliga.
- RB Leipzig canceled a 2-0 in the first half against Borussia Monchengladbach to win 3-2 in the final minutes.
- Barcelona defeated Sevilla away, 2-0, in a clash between the top four of La Liga and are now five points behind Atletico Madrid’s top spot.
- Juventus drew 1-1 with Verona and are now 10 points behind Inter in the title race.
- AC Milan defeated Roma 2-1 away in a clash of the top four in Serie A.
- Both Lille and Lyon held …
Read More On Original Publisher
This Content is Original Published by @www.actionnetwork.com