After a long wait, Facebook started rolling out dark mode for android users. Facebook had previously implemented dark mode for the website and the Facebook Lite app. The social media giant will now make functionality a Facebook app users even on Android.
The development was first announced by noted whistleblower Jane Manchun Wong, who tweets about social media app features, but this time her tweet comes in partnership with Facebook. He also shared a little snippet of how Facebook dark mode will appear once the feature has been implemented. She wrote, “Facebook is publicly testing dark mode! You asked me, I chatted with Facebook@alexvoica about it, and here is a video made in collaboration with Facebook! “
Facebook had rolled out dark mode for web users earlier this year. However, it took Facebook quite long to implement the feature for android users. Now that Facebook started implementing the feature, here’s what you can do to get it
– To get dark mode, you need to upgrade yours first Facebook app on Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
– After updating the app, go to the Settings menu on Facebook
– Scroll down and you will find the dark mode option
– To enable it, you will need to flip the switch to activate the dark mode feature.
Facebook has yet to officially announce the feature, but a company spokesperson said, “We know people have been asking for dark mode and they won’t have to wait any longer. People will start seeing the option in their file. Facebook app settings while we implement it globally. “
Previously, Facebook launched a new logo for Messenger along with interesting color palettes. “Messenger has a new look to mark our ever-changing from an easy way to send messages Facebook friends, in a place to hang out with your favorite people, on your favorite apps and devices. With over a billion users worldwide, our mission is to be a universal way to connect and stay closer. This mission has never been more important as people around the world look to private online spaces to stay connected, ”said Stan Chudnovsky, VP of Messenger in a blog post.
Facebook had previously implemented dark mode for the website and the Facebook Lite app.
- Facebook started rolling out dark mode for android users.
- Facebook had previously implemented dark mode for the website and the Facebook Lite app.
- Facebook has yet to make an official announcement about the feature.