Apple announced Friday that it will replace the defective AirPods Pro for free. The Cupertino Giant in its new repair program has offered repairs and replacements if the EarPods have ANC issues or if it comes with crackling or static sound. Interestingly, Apple launched AirPods Pro a year ago on October 30th.
Apple said in its blog that a small percentage of AirPods Pro manufactured before October 2020 may experience audio issues. Apple will only replace or repair AirPods if they exhibit the following behaviors: –
– Chirps or static sounds that increase in noisy environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
– Active noise cancellation does not work as expected, such as a loss of bass sound or an increase in background sounds, such as road or airplane noise
Apple will not charge any repair fees. Users can do this for free at any Apple Authorized Service Provider.
However, Apple will consider your AirPods Pro for repair or replacement only if it qualifies for the repair program. Your AirPods Pro will be reviewed prior to any service to verify that they are eligible for this program. AirPods Pro (left, right, or both) with a confirmed problem will be replaced. The AirPods Pro case is not affected and will not be replaced, “Apple said in a blog.
The repair program will not extend the warranty of the device but will cover the replacement of both earphones even after two years. If you have any problems, you can contact Apple Support, an Apple Store, or an authorized service provider to verify your product.
It was previously reported that Apple is working on the second generation Airpods Pro and the third generation entry-level AirPods. According to a Bloomberg report, Apple would likely make second-generation AirPods Pro more compact by eliminating the short stem protruding from the bottom.
A new design being tested has a more rounded shape that fills the user’s ear more. This development of this audio product proved challenging due to the integration of noise cancellation, wireless antennas, and microphones into a smaller AirPods Pro case.
The Cupertino Giant in its new repair program has offered repairs and replacements if the EarPods have ANC issues.
- Apple announced Friday that it will replace the defective AirPods Pro for free.
- AirPods Pro manufactured before October 2020 may experience audio issues.
- Apple will only replace or repair AirPods if they have ANC, crackling sound issues.