Amazon announced on Friday the launch of its world’s first Prime Video Mobile Edition, a single-user mobile-only plan that delivers SD-quality video streaming to consumers, in India.
Prime Video provides access to thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood including Amazon Original series produced in India such as The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge and Made In Heaven, and award-winning and critically acclaimed Amazon Original series including Jack Ryan, The Boys and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel by Tom Clancy and films such as Borat Subsequent Moviefilm and My Spy.
Amazon Prime Video partnered with Bharti Airtel, aka Airtel, for the first launch of Prime Video Mobile Edition in India, making high-quality entertainment accessible to hundreds of millions of Airtel customers.
As part of the launch, all Airtel customers with bundled prepaid packages can take advantage of a free 30-day trial by signing up for Amazon from the Airtel Thanks app using your mobile number.
Subsequently, they can purchase the following prepaid packages on the Airtel Thanks app at over one million Airtel stores across India:
- Rs 89: Prime Video Mobile Edition for 28 days and 6GB of data
- Rs 299: Prime Video Mobile Edition, unlimited calling, 1.5GB per day, for 28 days
- Rs 131: 30-day Amazon Prime membership with full Prime Video access, free fast delivery, unlimited ad-free music, and other Prime benefits
- Rs 349: Amazon Prime subscription with full access to Prime Video, free fast delivery and unlimited ad-free music and other Prime benefits along with unlimited calls and 2GB per day for 28 days
Commenting on the launch, Gaurav Gandhi, Director and Country General Manager, Amazon Prime Video India, said: “Over the past 4 years, Prime Video has become the country’s most loved premium streaming service with viewers arriving. from over 4,300 towns and cities. We believe the Mobile Edition plan will further accelerate the adoption of Prime Video in India and allow even more customers to access our popular entertainment content. This initiative for Amazon is designed to not only give customers a wider choice (of plans), but also easy access to sign up for Prime Video alongside mobile data plans. We are happy to partner with Airtel as our first partner in India for Prime Video Mobile Edition. “
- Amazon Prime Video partnered with Bharti Airtel, aka Airtel, for the first launch of Prime Video Mobile Edition in India, making high-quality entertainment accessible to hundreds of millions of Airtel customers.
- Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition introduced in India; the packages begin from Rs 89