After phoning her deceased father’s phone, a woman receives a sympathetic response

 Man Wore Illegal iPhones Like A Stun Gadget That Can Inflict Agony To Ward Off Opponents, According To Singapore Court |  Singapore

Alexia Grosso currently lives in Sterling, Connecticut, but said she grew up in Johnston, Rhode Island.

A local woman was on the receiving end of a compassionate phone call after she reached out to a number that was once her dad’s.


  • “He was the best,” she said. “Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer at age 41 and he hasn’t been with us for seven years.”

  • She said her dad, Ricardo Grosso, was a good guy.

She used to fly out to see him for weekly vacations but once he was sick, it became a regular routine.

Grosso said her dad had been living in Colorado when he was diagnosed.

“You would’ve never guessed that he was sick,” she said. “The fact that everything happened so fast, it was really overwhelming, and you almost felt like the world was getting taken from under your feet and you didn’t have time to catch up.”

Catching up with her dad is something she said she loved to do.

It’s for that reason she said she stored his cell phone number in her phone under her “favorites” and decided to never delete it. “I don’t know if it was helping my grieving process or though it I just knew I wasn’t ready to get rid of it,” she said. “Even though he is gone, usually three times a year try to call on his birthday, the anniversary of his passing, and Christmas.”

Grosso said she did this many times over the years but never got a response. “Even through the years of calling and text messaging and always getting either a dial tone, or a not-delivered, or try this number again, it was something in the moment of when I felt I needed to call him, or I needed to hear from him, or for him to listen that was a way of still connecting with him,” she said.

SHOW US SOMETHING GOOD: After nearly 17 years, Hope Library gets first addition thanks to teen
Grosso said her dad’s birthday was in the beginning of July. “I was on my break for lunch. I said to myself, ‘Oh, gosh. I would really like to touch base with him and bring him up to speed with school, kids, and life’,” she said. “So, I called him. Whenever I called and noticed it started to ring, it was like almost a very euphoric feeling because you don’t expect the phone is going to ring and in that split second, you’re like, ‘Oh, my gosh, who’s going to answer?’ Knowing it’s not going to be him.”

“He said to me instantly, ‘Is your dad still with us?’ And I said, ‘Unfortunately, no. He passed away seven years ago.’ He said, ‘I’m so sorry. If any time you need to call or text, you absolutely can’.” Grosso said she was shocked at the man’s reaction and moved by his compassion.

“It was extremely emotional, instantly, as soon as I heard the gentleman on the other line answer the phone I was like, ‘Oh, my gosh, like I wasn’t expecting somebody to answer’,” she said. “He said, ‘I’m sorry, were you expecting somebody else?’ And I said, ”Honestly, I call this number frequently and I text it because it used to be my dad’s number.” Grosso heard another voice on the line for the first time in seven years.